JUNE 25th – JULY 17th & AUGUST 19th – SEPTEMBER 10th, 2021
During this COVID time, it’s not easy for every to entering Thailand. This year Sunny decided to join Om & Flow for the training as a lead trainer this summer in the vibrant Caribbean coastal town of Palomino in Colombia!
In this 200h Hatha Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training you will gain the knowledge and confidence needed to become a professional yoga teacher and pass on the vast knowledge and passion for yoga to your future students. This training with an expert team of lead teachers will get you prepared to follow the path of yoga with body, mind, and spirit.
This training includes a supplemental Reiki Level 1 certification course. You will be learning the history of Reiki and how to reach physical, emotional, and mental balance using this ancient energy healing technique. You will be connecting deeply to your intuition and eliminating limiting beliefs, releasing fears and addictions. You will learn how to confidently use Reiki for your benefit in your daily life.
- Yoga Techniques, Training & Practice: Demonstration of asanas and their variations, classification of yoga asanas, benefits of asanas and Pranayamas, precautions and contraindications of asanas, preparatory poses and counterposes, meditation and Yoga Nidra, chanting, mantra, and Sanskrit in yoga practice, the Shatkriyas, Chakras and Nadis in yoga practice.
- Yoga Anatomy & Physiology: Anatomical terminology, the skeletal system and spine, joints and connective tissue, the muscles, nervous system, and anatomy of breathing.
- Teaching Methodology: Communication skills and finding one’s voice as a teacher, time management and sequencing, giving adjustments, corrections and verbal cueing, the use of props, marketing and legal aspects of running a yoga business.
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics: Advaita Vedanta, Patanjali Yoga Sutras and the 8 limbs of Yoga, the Bhagavad Gita, Yoga lifestyle and nutrition, Yoga ethics, different types and lineages of Yoga, Yoga history and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Kleshas and Koshas.
- Teaching Practice (Practicum): During the last 2 weeks of the training you will lead two 60 minute and two 90 minute classes.
- Reiki Supplemental Training: Reiki as an energy healing technique, history of Reiki and Mikao Usui, theory and practice of Reiki as an alternative tool to balance energetic fields.
* You’ll receive certificate upon completion by Om & Flow.
Our training lasts for 23 days in total. The first day of the course is dedicated to arriving at Palomino, Colombia followed by opening ceremony with dinner in the evening. The last day of the course is dedicated to departing Palomino with the graduation ceremony being held the day before.
We will be waking up early every morning to feel the serenity of the nature surrounding us. This will ease your mind for early morning meditation and help you get grounded before the busy day ahead.
During the course of the day we will have two breaks between the classes so you can unwind and relax on the beach, rent a bicycle and discover the surroundings, have a quick nap or go to a cafe.
07.00 – 08.00 Meditation Techniques Theory & Practice
08.00 – 09.30 Morning Yoga Practice
09.30 – 10.15 Breakfast
10.15 – 11.30 Morning Yoga Study
11.30 – 14.00 Yoga Philosophy/Anatomy/Marketing etc.
14:00 – 16:00 Lunch
16:00 – 18:45 Asana Lab (Teaching Methodology)
18.45 Dinner & Free Time
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: €200 EUR off when you book by 25th of April 2021!
- Shared Twin Room *€1800
The room has 2 single beds. You will be sharing the room with 1 other guest of the same gender.
- Private Room *€2100
The room has 1 double bed or a single bed. You will have the room all for yourself.
*Please specify your preferred room option at the notes when signing up for the course.
What is included:
- Accommodation in a shared or private room. Sheets, towels and weekly room cleaning included.
- Food: Breakfast and dinner (Vegan, Vegetarian)
- Transportation from and to Santa Marta airport.
- Free drinking water and fruits for snacking are always available
- Small goodie bag for each participant.
- Each graduate will be receiving a Media Kit with professional videos & photos of themselves teaching and doing yoga.
- Bonus Reiki level 1 certification course.
What is not included:
- Airplane tickets to Santa Marta
- Travel insurance
- Health insurance
- Cost of visa
- Additional hotel bookings (if arriving early and/or staying later)
- Additional excursions, workshops or lessons (for example kitesurfing, diving, bicycle rentals, sightseeing etc.)
We will be staying at a beautiful Caribbean beachfront eco wellness sanctuary called La Sirena. The resort is located at the foothills of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta National Park. You have a choice of booking a shared twin cabana with a single bed or a double-bed cabana all for yourself (please specify your preferred room option at the notes when signing up for the training). The eco-friendly cabanas are nestled in between palm trees and tropical fruit gardens for your ultimate relaxation.
La Sirena wellness center is an eco-resort, vegetarian restaurant, organic farm, yoga studio and spa all in one. Their motto is to reuse, reduce and recycle. Your shower and sink water is used to water the plants. The electricity comes from solar panels. The toilets are composting. The food scraps become compost and fertilizer for their gardens. The fruit and vegetables in their gardens become meals in their vegetarian restaurant.
It is a perfect place where you can just unwind, relax and be present in the moment, flowing in the rhythm of the nature surrounding you, listening to the waves while meditating and doing yoga.