200h Yoga Teacher Training on Koh Phangan
In our all inclusive* Hatha & Vinyasa based multi-style Yoga Teacher Training on Koh Phangan, not only you will gain a solid foundation to start, maintain and deepen your practice, you will also experience different types of yoga, experience multiple teachers and teaching styles and learn yoga philosophy and meditation with a master teacher. You will also learn about Thai culture, deep relationships between yoga and Buddhism and have lots of opportunity to explore this tropical paradise island.
A Few More Reasons to Join our Yoga Teacher Training in Paradise…
- We bring in various registered yoga teachers for various topics in the curriculum. Each topic has a teacher who excels in that topic, setting us apart from trainings with 1 to 3 teachers who teach everything themselves all month.
- Our yoga platforms are brand new, breezy, protected from mosquitoes and located on a beautiful jungle hilltop in the middle of Srithanu, Koh Phangan’s yoga hotspot.
- Walk to the many nearby beaches for sunset within minutes.
- Healthy vegan friendly meal, a fresh coconut + hot ginger lemon tea included on training days.
- During the training, you will receive 10% off at Koh Phangan’s best Yoga Shop.
- Our gifts to you: 100% cotton yoga mat. Cotton yoga rugs are non-slip, super light-weight, machine washable and fold up small for easy transport.
- Our yoga school and training is certified and recognised internationally by Yoga Alliance. On successful completion of this training, you will qualify for RYT200 certification.
You will develop and enhance a strong yoga practice, the ability to sequence your own classes, an understanding of multiple styles of yoga and skills to enrich the lives of yourself and others
Upcoming Yoga Teacher Training in Koh Phangan
“I loved training at Sunny Yoga Vidya. The environment that Sunny’s team created was so warm, comfortable, and patient. Sunny is a phenomenal teacher, lots of knowledge and practical skills that she passed along. I feel very honored to have learned from Sunny and the other teachers as well. I would highly recommend this TTC to anyone interested in deepening their yoga practice or learning to be a well-rounded yoga teacher.” – Payton (April 2018 graduate)
This 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training on Koh Phangan covers all the necessary techniques and skills to get started on sharing your practical knowledge of yoga – both physical & intellectual – and to continue advancing well in your own ongoing studies. Practices led by our experienced team of teachers include: Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha, Neti, Meditation, and Chanting Mantras.
- Teaching Workshops: Demonstration of Asanas and their variations. Classification and sequencing of yoga asanas as per traditional understanding based on Chakras. Adjustments of common mistakes and hands-on techniques.
- Yoga Anatomy: Therapeutic benefits of Asanas and Pranayamas, precautions, and contraindications. Anatomy and Physiology of 7 systems of body.
- Philosophy & Ethics: Introduction to Yogic Lifestyle in modern times, Historical Evolution of Yoga, Paths of Yoga, Patanjali Yoga Sutras.
- Teaching Practice (Practicum): During the 3rd and 4th weeks you will lead two 90 minute and two 60 minute classes.
- Career: Business/Career of a yoga teacher, communication skills, safety norms and how to plan your sessions.
“Sunny’s training was the perfect balance of hard work, nurturing, structured but flexible. She and the other teachers in the course so obviously cared for us and our development that I never lost motivation even though the course had some very intense weeks. I have left feeling confident to jump straight into teaching and share my new found passion with others.” – Alex (April 2018 graduate)
“I’m happy i had the opportunity to learn from such knowledgeable and inspiring teachers. Sunny is just adorable and a great teacher! The Shala is on a beautiful hilltop surrounded by treetops, its just like practicing in a treehouse. <3 thank you for the amazing time!” – Marlene (Feb 2018 graduate)
- Techniques Training / Practice — 117 Hours Includes asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation, and other traditional yoga techniques. These hours are a mix between (1) analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques, and (2) guided practice of the techniques.
- Teaching Methodology — 26 Hours Includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting /correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning, and business aspects of teaching yoga.
- Yoga Anatomy & Ayurveda— 26 Hours Includes both human anatomy and physiology of bodily systems, organs, etc. Anatomy of Pranic body: chakras, nadis, bandhas etc. Includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc). Basic introduction to Ayurvedic three doshas, diet and lifestyle based on seasons and constitution.
- Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics — 26 Hours Includes the study of Yoga Sutras, Yoga in a Big Picture, historical evolution of yoga, four paths and various techniques for Self-Realization, yogic lifestyle in a modern society, and ethics for yoga teachers.
- Practicum — 20 Hours Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing/giving feedback.
You may apply for RYT 200 with Yoga Alliance on completion of this training
“Sunny is a great teacher, grounded and cheerful. She takes you on a good flow and supports and helps you with clear cues. Her classes are complete with movement, breath, meditation, challenge, balance and moments of rest.”
Our training is 6 days a week for 4 weeks. We wake up early to feel serenity of the island. This will ease your mind for early morning meditation and help you to get in touch with the nature before rush hour.
Sundays are your day off!
*Blue = Silent morning
|06.45 – 07.15 am||Morning Meditation|
|07.15 – 07.30 am||Neti (Nasal Cleansing) & Hot Lemon Ginger tea|
|07.30 – 09.30 am||Yoga Asana & Pranayama|
|09.30 – 11.45 am||Brunch & Free time|
|12:00 – 2:00 pm||Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy / Ayurveda|
|2:30 – 4:00 pm||Fruits Break and Free time|
|04.00 – 06.15 pm||Techniques & Teaching Methodology / Teaching Practice|
(approximately €2,080, £1,740, $3260 AU, ฿81,200)
Apply today and get your EARLY BIRD discount – $300 off*
*Book at least 2 months before the training
What is included?
- Accommodations – The base price includes a private fan bungalow. Always high quality and walking distance to the venue – Click here to see additional accommodation options.
- Food – Meal – Brunch (Vegan, Vegetarian, Ayurvedic)
- A morning lemon ginger tea and a fresh coconut on each training day
- Tropical fruits on the early afternoon fruit break
- Free drinking water always available at our platform
- 100% Cotton Yoga Mat
- Neti pot (for nasal irrigation – clears air passages to improve breathing through the nose)
- Sunny Yoga, Koh Phangan Cotton Shoulder Bag + T-shirt or tank-top
- 2 Thai massages
Each day your training includes morning ginger lemon tea and a fresh coconut, vegan friendly brunch and fresh seasonal fruits at early afternoon break.
For any more food needs, Srithanu area is full of healthy food options, all within a walking distance – vegan and vegetarian, raw, macrobiotic and of course local Thai food restaurants.
Most of the local Thai restaurants here can also cook vegetarian on your demand. We won’t prescribe your diet but we suggest vegetarian and no alcohol or drugs to optimise your concentration and energy levels during your yoga teacher training.
We will train, study, eat and chill at the incredibly beautiful Sunny Yoga Hilltop Yoga & Meditation Center, in Koh Phangan.
Our school is located in the heart of the Sri Thanu village, at a walkable distance of local restaurants, coffee shops, and the beach.
Secure Your Spot in this Popular Training Now! Only 15 students per training!
* Assistant teachers per training may vary based on their availability at different times of the year.