200h YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
How to choose the right Yoga TTC for you?
Yoga Teacher Trainings have become abundant and mainstream and it can be an intimidating process finding the right one for you among the varying degrees of styles and depth. Currently, there are even online TTCs, potentially diluting the quality and deeper meaning of what a Yoga TTC is meant to do for you on a personal level in order to equip you with knowledge and skills for your own practice (in Yoga and in Life) as well as prepare you to become a well-rounded and authentic teacher to others.
There are various forms of Yoga, so it is important to choose the type that resonates the most with your interests and style. Among the many types of Yoga, there are Hatha, Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Kundalini, Yin, etc to name a few varieties. Sunny Yoga TTC builds on the ancient form of Hatha Yoga, which focuses on meditative postures, balancing Ying & Yang in combination with the more dynamic elements of Vinyasa, which adds movement and complexity to the practice. Those two types of Yoga build a solid foundation for your practice and teaching repertoire.
Quality over Quantity
Sunny Yoga, a boutique Yoga school founded by native Thai Sunny (Sunsanee) Intapong, is one of the most successful Yoga schools on Koh Phangan and is the only Yoga school in South Thailand led by a Thai woman. Sunny’s unique personality and life experience make each of her TTCs a special experience as she puts a lot of thought and love into her training and sweetens challenging sessions with her playful yet sincere humor. Her approach is very grounded and less about ‘chasing enlightenment’ with a quick fix but rather guiding individuals to become the best version of themselves through sincere self-work, discipline, and practice as well as fun and play.
A Yoga Teacher Training is not only a course to learn a new professional skill, it is a consciously chosen life-transforming period of time with ups and downs as your body and mind go through the stages of self-reflection, shedding, and growth. This can be an intimidating and exhausting process, especially if you are new to Yoga and/or aiming to do some serious personal development and healing work for yourself. With an average class size of only 10-15 students (currently even smaller due to international travel restrictions), Sunny’s TTCs have a pleasantly intimate feel and high-quality care for each student. It is a beautiful safe space to learn, share, listen, pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and make deep live-long connections with your classmates.
‘Work Hard, Play Hard’
While Sunny’s style challenges the students physically and mentally, she balances the hard work with fun extracurricular activities for the students, such as taking them to Thai cultural places/events*, nature sights, dancing, etc.
In addition to the standard TTC curriculum (Asanas, Anatomy, Philosophy, etc), her loyal and highly qualified TTC teachers and lecturers offer special elements, including Ayurveda, SOMA Breathwork, etc. to round up the training.
*varies throughout the year
Sunny Yoga is located in the heart of Srithanu (a Yogi’s paradise), on the Northwest coast of the beautiful island of Koh Phangan in the Gulf of Thailand. Nestled on a jungled hilltop on the outskirts of the village Srithanu, it is ideally located in walking distance to the beaches, (vegan) restaurants, cafes, shops, pharmacies and convenience stores. Protected by the jungle, the open-air (mosquito net enclosed) Shala is pleasantly cool even on a hot day, overlooking the hills and forests of the island and soaking up the mesmerizing sounds of the birds, crickets and frogs.
Tongsala (the island’s small ‘capital town’) with ferry piers, banks, post office, hospitals, stores, etc. is only 10min away. Scooters and open-air taxis are easily available.
The closest airports are Koh Samui (USM) and Suratthani (URT), as well as Krabi (KBV) and Phuket (HKT). The ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Phangan is only 30min, from the mainland (Donsak/Suratthani) 2-2.5 hours.
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING KOH PHANGAN 2020
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING KOH PHANGAN 2021
This 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training on Koh Phangan covers all the necessary techniques, skills and foundations to get started on sharing your practical knowledge of yoga – both physical & intellectual – and to continue advancing well in your own ongoing studies. Practices led by our experienced team of teachers include Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha, Neti, Meditation, and Chanting Mantras.
- Teaching Workshops:
- Demonstration of Asanas and their variations including alignments, modifications of the asanas, and how to use the props and how to assisting in deepening the poses.
- Learn how to cue the asanas – getting in and out and adjustments of the positions verbally.
- You’ll also learn the classification and sequencing of yoga asanas based on Chakras systems for beginners, intermediate to mixed level.
- Adjustments of common mistakes and hands-on techniques.
- Yoga Anatomy: Therapeutic benefits of Asanas and Pranayamas, precautions, and contraindications. Anatomy and Physiology of 7 systems of the body including chakra anatomy.
- Philosophy & Ethics: Introduction to Yogic Lifestyle in modern times, Historical Evolution of Yoga, Paths of Yoga, Patanjali Yoga Sutras.
- Teaching Practice (Practicum): During the 3rd and 4th weeks, you will lead two 90 minute and two 60 minute classes.
- Career: Yoga marketing, Business/Career of a yoga teacher, communication skills, safety norms, and how to plan your sessions.
- Techniques Training / Practice — 117 Hours Includes asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation, and other traditional yoga techniques. These hours are a mix between (1) analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques, and (2) guided practice of the techniques.
- Teaching Methodology — 26 Hours Includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting /correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning, and business aspects of teaching yoga.
- Yoga Anatomy & Ayurveda— 26 Hours Includes both human anatomy and physiology of bodily systems, organs, etc. Anatomy of Pranic body: chakras, nadis, bandhas, etc. Includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc). A basic introduction to Ayurvedic three doshas, diet, and lifestyle based on seasons and constitution.
- Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics — 26 Hours Includes the study of Yoga Sutras, Yoga in a Big Picture, historical evolution of yoga, four paths, and various techniques for Self-Realization, yogic lifestyle in modern society, and ethics for yoga teachers.
- Practicum — 20 Hours Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching, and hearing/giving feedback.
You may apply for RYT 200 with Yoga Alliance on completion of this training
Our training is 6 days a week for 4 weeks. We wake up early to feel the serenity of the island. This will ease your mind for early morning meditation and help you to get in touch with nature before rush hour.
Sundays are your day off!
*Blue = Silent morning
|06.45 – 07.15 am||Morning Meditation|
|07.15 – 07.30 am||Neti (Nasal Cleansing) & Hot Lemon Ginger tea|
|07.30 – 09.30 am||Yoga Asana & Pranayama|
|09.30 – 11.45 am||Brunch & Free time|
|12:00 – 2:00 pm||Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy / Ayurveda|
|2:30 – 4:00 pm||Fruits Break and Free time|
|04.00 – 06.15 pm||Techniques & Teaching Methodology / Teaching Practice|
- Accommodations – The base price includes a private comfortable fan bungalow with walking distance to the venue – Click here to see additional accommodation options.
- Food – 1 meal (vegan/Ayurvedic) on training day plus fresh coconut and tropical fruits in the afternoon.
- A morning lemon ginger tea.
- Free drinking water always available at our platform.
- Neti pot (for nasal irrigation – clears air passages to improve breathing through the nose).
- Sunny Yoga Shoulder Bag.
- 2 Thai massages.
Each day your training includes morning ginger lemon tea and fresh coconut, vegan-friendly brunch, and fresh seasonal fruits at early afternoon break.
For any more food needs (vegan, vegetarian and non-vegetarian), Srithanu area is full of healthy food options, all within a walking distance – vegan and vegetarian, raw, macrobiotic, and of course local Thai food restaurants.
Most of the local Thai restaurants here can also cook vegetarian on your demand. We won’t prescribe your diet but we suggest vegetarian and no alcohol or drugs to optimist your concentration and energy levels during your yoga teacher training.
Our teachers have many years of teaching experience in the subjects. Teacher’s bio