200h Yoga Teacher Training Koh Phangan Thailand
In our all inclusive* Hatha & Vinyasa based multi-style Yoga Teacher Training on Koh Phangan, not only you will gain a solid foundation to become a yoga teacher. You’ll learn the skills to create your own sequencing and ability to teaching beginner class to mixed level class. You’ll also experience different types of yoga by multiple teachers with many years of experience with different teaching styles. Because we’re on this beautiful island, you’ll also have opportunities to explore Koh Phangan island and experience Thai culture.
Our yoga school and training is certified and recognised internationally by Yoga Alliance. On successful completion of this training, you will qualify for RYT200 certification.
Koh Phangan is an island in the Gulf of Thailand in Surat Thani Province of southern Thailand. Koh Phangan, with an overall area of 167sqkm, is Thailand’s fifth biggest island. Located 70km from the mainland and just 12km from Koh Samui.
Where’s Sunny Yoga located on the island?
Our school located in the heart of Srithanu village (yoga hot spot) at the west coast of the island. The platform situated on the hilltop surrounded by nature with a lot of breeze and protected from mosquitoes.
With walking distance you can go to many healthy vegetarian/vegan restaurants, local Thai food, fruit shakes (yum!), convenient stores, coffee shops and beaches.
A Few More Reasons to Join our Yoga Teacher Training in Koh Phangan…
- We bring in various registered yoga teachers for various topics in the curriculum. Each topic has a teacher who excels in that topic and a lot of experience of teaching.
- Walk to the many nearby beaches for sunset within minutes.
- Healthy Ayurvedic food, a fresh coconut + hot ginger lemon tea included on training days.
- During the training, you will receive 10% off at Koh Phangan’s best Yoga Shop.
You will develop and enhance a strong yoga practice, the ability to sequence your own classes, an understanding of multiple styles of yoga and skills to enrich the lives of yourself and others
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING KOH PHANGAN 2020
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING KOH PHANGAN 2021
“I loved training at Sunny Yoga Vidya. The environment that Sunny’s team created was so warm, comfortable, and patient. Sunny is a phenomenal teacher, lots of knowledge and practical skills that she passed along. I feel very honored to have learned from Sunny and the other teachers as well. I would highly recommend this TTC to anyone interested in deepening their yoga practice or learning to be a well-rounded yoga teacher.” – Payton
This 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training on Koh Phangan covers all the necessary techniques, skills and foundations to get started on sharing your practical knowledge of yoga – both physical & intellectual – and to continue advancing well in your own ongoing studies. Practices led by our experienced team of teachers include: Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha, Neti, Meditation, and Chanting Mantras.
- Teaching Workshops:
- Demonstration of Asanas and their variations including alignments, modifications of the asanas and how to use the props and how to assisting to deepening the poses.
- Learn how to cue the asanas – getting in and out and adjustments of the positions verbally.
- You’ll also learn classification and sequencing of yoga asanas based on Chakras systems for beginners, intermediate to mixed level.
- Adjustments of common mistakes and hands-on techniques.
- Yoga Anatomy: Therapeutic benefits of Asanas and Pranayamas, precautions, and contraindications. Anatomy and Physiology of 7 systems of body including chakra anatomy.
- Philosophy & Ethics: Introduction to Yogic Lifestyle in modern times, Historical Evolution of Yoga, Paths of Yoga, Patanjali Yoga Sutras.
- Teaching Practice (Practicum): During the 3rd and 4th weeks you will lead two 90 minute and two 60 minute classes.
- Career: Yoga marketing, Business/Career of a yoga teacher, communication skills, safety norms and how to plan your sessions.
“Sunny’s training was the perfect balance of hard work, nurturing, structured but flexible. She and the other teachers in the course so obviously cared for us and our development that I never lost motivation even though the course had some very intense weeks. I have left feeling confident to jump straight into teaching and share my new found passion with others.” – Alex
“I’m happy i had the opportunity to learn from such knowledgeable and inspiring teachers. Sunny is just adorable and a great teacher! The Shala is on a beautiful hilltop surrounded by treetops, its just like practicing in a treehouse. <3 thank you for the amazing time!” – Marlene
- Techniques Training / Practice — 117 Hours Includes asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation, and other traditional yoga techniques. These hours are a mix between (1) analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques, and (2) guided practice of the techniques.
- Teaching Methodology — 26 Hours Includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting /correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning, and business aspects of teaching yoga.
- Yoga Anatomy & Ayurveda— 26 Hours Includes both human anatomy and physiology of bodily systems, organs, etc. Anatomy of Pranic body: chakras, nadis, bandhas etc. Includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc). Basic introduction to Ayurvedic three doshas, diet and lifestyle based on seasons and constitution.
- Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics — 26 Hours Includes the study of Yoga Sutras, Yoga in a Big Picture, historical evolution of yoga, four paths and various techniques for Self-Realization, yogic lifestyle in a modern society, and ethics for yoga teachers.
- Practicum — 20 Hours Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing/giving feedback.
You may apply for RYT 200 with Yoga Alliance on completion of this training
“Sunny is a great teacher, grounded and cheerful. She takes you on a good flow and supports and helps you with clear cues. Her classes are complete with movement, breath, meditation, challenge, balance and moments of rest.“
Our training is 6 days a week for 4 weeks. We wake up early to feel serenity of the island. This will ease your mind for early morning meditation and help you to get in touch with the nature before rush hour.
Sundays are your day off!
*Blue = Silent morning
|06.45 – 07.15 am||Morning Meditation|
|07.15 – 07.30 am||Neti (Nasal Cleansing) & Hot Lemon Ginger tea|
|07.30 – 09.30 am||Yoga Asana & Pranayama|
|09.30 – 11.45 am||Brunch & Free time|
|12:00 – 2:00 pm||Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy / Ayurveda|
|2:30 – 4:00 pm||Fruits Break and Free time|
|04.00 – 06.15 pm||Techniques & Teaching Methodology / Teaching Practice|
COURSE FEE $2,490 USD
*Book at least 2 months before the training GET EARLY BIRD PRICE $300 OFF
Only 15 students per training!
- Accommodations – The base price includes a private comfortable fan bungalow with walking distance to the venue – Click here to see additional accommodation options.
- Food – 1 meal (vegan/Ayurvedic) on training day plus fresh coconut and tropical fruits in the afternoon.
- A morning lemon ginger tea.
- Free drinking water always available at our platform.
- Neti pot (for nasal irrigation – clears air passages to improve breathing through the nose).
- Sunny Yoga Shoulder Bag.
- 2 Thai massages.
Each day your training includes morning ginger lemon tea and a fresh coconut, vegan friendly brunch and fresh seasonal fruits at early afternoon break.
For any more food needs (vegan, vegetarian and non-vegetarian), Srithanu area is full of healthy food options, all within a walking distance – vegan and vegetarian, raw, macrobiotic and of course local Thai food restaurants.
Most of the local Thai restaurants here can also cook vegetarian on your demand. We won’t prescribe your diet but we suggest vegetarian and no alcohol or drugs to optimist your concentration and energy levels during your yoga teacher training.
Our teachers have many years of teaching experience in the subjects. Teacher’s bio