200h Yoga Teacher Training – Hatha Vinyasa
Course Date: September 1st – 25th, 2019
Sunny Yoga in partnership with Om & Flow Yoga welcome you to join our 200h Yoga Teacher Training on a small island of Hiiumaa in Estonia, surrounded by pine forests and the Baltic Sea.
This training covers all the necessary techniques and skills to get you started on sharing your knowledge of yoga – both physical & intellectual – and to continue advancing well in your own ongoing studies. Practices led by our experienced team of teachers include: Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha, Neti, Meditation, and Chanting Mantras.
- Teaching Workshops: Demonstration of Asanas and their variations. Classification and sequencing of yoga asanas and understanding based on Chakras. Adjustments of common mistakes and hands-on techniques.
- Yoga Anatomy: Therapeutic benefits of Asanas and Pranayamas, precautions, and contraindications.
- Philosophy & Ethics: Introduction to Yogic Lifestyle in modern times, Historical Evolution of Yoga, Paths of Yoga, Patanjali Yoga Sutras.
- Teaching Practice (Practicum): Teaching practice of two 90 minute and two 60 minute classes.
- Career: Business/Career of a yoga teacher, communication skills, safety norms and how to plan your sessions.
You may apply for RYT 200 with Yoga Alliance on completion of this training under Sunny Yoga Vidya.
- Techniques Training / Practice — 117 Hours Includes asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation, and other traditional yoga techniques. These hours are a mix between (1) analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques, and (2) guided practice of the techniques.
- Teaching Methodology — 26 Hours Includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting /correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning, and business aspects of teaching yoga.
- Yoga Anatomy & Ayurveda— 26 Hours Includes both human anatomy and physiology of bodily systems, organs, etc. Anatomy of Pranic body: chakras, nadis, bandhas etc. Includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc). Basic introduction to Ayurvedic three doshas, diet and lifestyle based on seasons and constitution.
- Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics — 26 Hours Includes the study of Yoga Sutras, Yoga in a Big Picture, historical evolution of yoga, four paths and various techniques for Self-Realization, yogic lifestyle in a modern society, and ethics for yoga teachers.
- Practicum — 20 Hours Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing/giving feedback.
Our training lasts for 25 days in total. The first day of the course is dedicated to arriving to Hõbekala guesthouse in Hiiumaa followed by welcome yoga practice and opening ceremony with dinner in the evening. On the last day of the course we’ll be having the closing certification ceremony and will be heading back to Tallinn/Tartu.
We will be waking up early every morning to feel the serenity of the nature surrounding us. This will ease your mind for early morning meditation and help you to get in touch with the nature before the busy day ahead.
* Quiet morning from waking up
|06:45 am – 07:15 am||Morning Meditation|
|07:15 am – 07:30 am||Neti (Nasal Cleansing) & Hot Lemon Ginger tea|
|07:30 am – 09:30 am||Yoga Asana & Pranayama|
|09:30 am – 11:00 am||Breakfast & Free time|
|11:00 am – 1:30 pm||Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy|
|1:30 pm – 4:00 pm||Lunch, self study and free time|
|04:00 pm – 06:00 pm||Techniques & Teaching Methodology / Teaching Practice|
|06:15 pm – 07:30 pm||Dinner|
|07:30 pm – 08:30 pm||Chanting, bhajan, movie (occasionally)|
|9:00 pm||Self-reflect time|
SECURE YOUR SPOT TODAY WITH DEPOSIT OF 990€
MAXIMUM 17 STUDENTS
COURSE INVESTMENT (FEE): €2700 EUR
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: €301 EUR off when you book by August 1st, 2019
What is included:
- Accommodation in a shared room (you will be sharing your room with 1-3 other students). All rooms have their own shower & wc. Weekly room cleaning included.
- Food: Breakfast, lunch and dinner (Vegan, Vegetarian)
- Transportation from and to Tallinn/Tartu airport or Tallinn harbour if arriving/leaving by ship.
- Free drinking water and fruits for snacking are always available
- 100% Cotton Yoga Mat and Strap
- Neti pot (for nasal irrigation. Clears air passages to improve breathing through the nose)
- Daily access to sauna.
What is not included:
- Airplane/ferry tickets to Estonia
- Travel/health insurance
- Cost of visa
- Additional hotel bookings (if arriving early and/ or staying later)
- Additional excursions, workshops or lessons (for example kitesurfing, bicycle rentals, sightseeing etc.)