Eka Pada Rajakapotasa – One Legged King Pigeon pose
How to: start from downward facing dog.
1. Bring right knee to right wrist and try to bring right ankle close to left wrist as much as you can.
2. Bring left leg down and walk left leg back. Keep it straight behind you.
3. Pay attention to your hips. Keep them on the same level.
4. On inhale: Get on your fingertips, pressing them down firmly to lengthening the spine. Chest lift up draw shoulders down. You should feel as if chest is curling up towards the sky. Stay here for 5 deep belly breath.
5. On exhale: Fold forward on your forearm or can totally reaching arms forward if you can. Relax, surrender your body to the gravity. Stay here for 5 breath or more.
This next step is not for everyone. Please listen to your body (especially your shoulders!).
6. Bend left knee, grab your left big toe. Make sure your left palm and inner elbow are facing up.
7. Slowly lift the left elbow up, lift it up behind the ear at the same time keep your heart lifting up towards the sky then drop your head back.
You use the right hand (on fingertips) to helping you to stay balance. If you can stay balance then try lifting the right elbow up and hand grabbing left foot.