200hr Yoga Teacher Training on Koh Phangan
In our all inclusive* hatha & vinyasa based multi-style Yoga Teacher Training on Koh Phangan,
not only you will gain a solid foundation to start, maintain and deepen your practice, you will also experience different types of yoga, experience multiple teachers and teaching styles and learn yoga philosophy and meditation with a master teacher. You will also learn about Thai culture, relationships between yoga and Buddhism and have lots of opportunity to explore this tropical paradise island.
A Few More Reasons to Join our Yoga Teacher Training in Paradise…
- You will have multiple registered yoga teachers, including 2 lead trainers to guide and assist you in the various classes.
- Our yoga platform is brand new, protected from mosquitoes and located on a beautiful jungle hilltop ideal for study, meditation or just chilling out paradise style.
- Walk to the many nearby beaches within minutes.
- Healthy vegan friendly meal, a fresh coconut + hot ginger lemon tea included on training days.
- During the training, you will receive 10% off at Koh Phangan’s only dedicated Yoga Shop.
- Our gifts to you: 100% cotton yoga mat and 8′ cotton yoga strap. Cotton yoga rugs are non-slip, super light-weight, machine washable and fold up small for easy transport.
- Our yoga school and training is certified and recognized internationally by Yoga Alliance. On successful completion of this training, you will qualify for RYT200 certification.
Upcoming Yoga Teacher Training on Koh Phangan
This 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training on Koh Phangan covers all the necessary techniques and skills to get started on sharing your practical knowledge of yoga – both physical & intellectual – and to continue advancing well in your own ongoing studies. Practices led by our experienced team of teachers include: Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha, Neti, Meditation, and Chanting Mantras.
- Teaching Workshops: Demonstration of Asanas and their variations. Classification and sequencing of yoga asanas as per traditional understanding based on Chakras. Adjustments of common mistakes and hands-on techniques.
- Yoga Anatomy: Therapeutic benefits of Asanas and Pranayamas, precautions, and contraindications. Anatomy and Physiology of 7 systems of body.
- Philosophy & Ethics: Introduction to Yogic Lifestyle in modern times, Historical Evolution of Yoga, Paths of Yoga, Patanjali Yoga Sutras.
- Teaching Practice (Practicum): During the 3rd and 4th weeks you will lead two 90 minute and two 60 minute classes.
- Career: Business/Career of a yoga teacher, communication skills, safety norms and how to plan your sessions.
Techniques Training / Practice — 117 Hours
Includes asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation, and other traditional yoga techniques. These hours are a mix between (1) analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques, and (2) guided practice of the techniques.
Teaching Methodology — 26 Hours
Includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting /correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning, and business aspects of teaching yoga.
Yoga Anatomy & Ayurveda— 26 Hours
Includes both human anatomy and physiology of bodily systems, organs, etc. Anatomy of Pranic body: chakras, nadis, bandhas etc. Includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc). Basic introduction to Ayurvedic three doshas, diet and lifestyle based on seasons and constitution.
Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics — 26 Hours
Includes the study of Yoga Sutras, Yoga in a Big Picture, historical evolution of yoga, four paths and various techniques for Self-Realization, yogic lifestyle in a modern society, and ethics for yoga teachers.
Practicum — 20 Hours
Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing/giving feedback.
You may apply for RYT200 with Yoga Alliance on completion of this training.
Our training is 6 days a week for 4 weeks. We wake up early to feel serenity of the island. This will ease your mind for early morning meditation and help you to get in touch with the nature before rush hour.
*Blue = Silent morning
|06.45 – 07.15 am||Morning Meditation|
|07.15 – 07.30 am||Neti (Nasal Cleansing) & Hot Lemon Ginger tea|
|07.30 – 09.30 am||Yoga Asana & Pranayama|
|09.30 – 11.45 am||Brunch & Free time|
|11:45 – 2:30 pm||Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy / Ayurveda|
|2:30 – 4:00 pm||Fruits Break and Free time|
|04.00 – 06.15 pm||Techniques & Teaching Methodology / Teaching Practice|
|06.15 – 07.30 pm||Dinner|
|07.30 – 08.30 pm||Chanting, bhajan, movie (occasionally)|
We will train, study, eat and chill at the incredibly beautiful new Sunny Yoga Hilltop Yoga & Meditation Center in the heart of Srithanu on Koh Phangan in the Gulf of Thailand.
COURSE INVESTMENT (FEE):
$2,490 USD (approximately € 2,080, £ 1,740, $3260 AU, ฿81,200)
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: $300 off when you book at least 2 months before the training. REGISTER NOW!
What is included:
- Accommodations: The base price includes private fan bungalow accommodation. Always high quality and walking distance to the venue. Click here to see additional accommodation options.
- Food: Meal – Brunch (Vegan, Vegetarian, Ayurvedic)
- Morning lemon ginger tea and 1 fresh coconut each training day
- Tropical fruits on early afternoon fruit break
- Free drinking water always available at our platform
- 100% Cotton Yoga Mat and Strap
- Neti pot (for nasal irrigation. Clears air passages to improve breathing through the nose)
- Sunny Yoga, Koh Phangan Cotton Shoulder Bag + T-shirt or tank-top
- 2 Thai massages
Each day your training includes morning ginger lemon tea and a fresh coconut, vegan friendly brunch and fruit snack at early afternoon break.
For any more food needs, Srithanu area is FULL of healthy food options, all within walking distance – vegan and vegetarian, raw, macrobiotic and of course local Thai food restaurants. Most of the local Thai restaurants here can also cook vegetarian on your demand. We won’t prescribe your diet but we suggest vegetarian and no alcohol or drugs to optimize your concentration and energy levels during your yoga teacher training.
Secure Your Space Now with a $500 Deposit
- * Assistant teachers per training may vary based on their availability at different times of the year.